Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back to play time in the crib!

Just finished up a 3-week visit from Grandma who lives over 2,000 miles away. So Baby A had lots of excitement. Grandma was around almost daily, and Kita (the cousin doggy) who Baby A loves was around a lot. We still kept with the schedule...1pm nap time and 7:30 pm bedtime. Baby A was always ready for bed when it was time but her naps weren't always as long as she normally takes. Somedays were great naps, some were less than 2 hours. We always give her play time after nap and in the morning in the crib. Sometimes she plays up to an hour. These 3 weeks it was less play time than usual. Grandma who only gets to see Baby A twice a year wants to see her when she gets up. So we were a bit flexible. Honestly, for me...it was hard b/c we have Baby A in such a great routine. Down for nap at 1 and out of crib around 4 whether she sleeps until 4 or wakes up earlier and plays. So the week after Grandma leaves, isn't any different regarding routines but less excitement for Baby A. Her first couple naps, she slept so so. Not as long as normal. Her average nap is over 2 hours. One day, soon after Grandma left, she woke up she started crying. It was just before 3pm. This tells me she is still tired but wants to get up. Her crying increased so I went upstairs. As I peeked through the door, I saw her standing up in the middle of her crib, with the saddest face, crying, staring at the door. As soon as she saw me, she hit the deck, back to the mattress with her butt in the air. I went in, rubbed her back and softly said, "It isn't time to get up yet. I love you. I will be right downstairs." She whispered, "k" and as I walked out the door, she looked back and again I said, "I love you, I'll be right down stairs," closed the door and left. As I patiently waited by the monitor, I expected to hear crying again......waiting.......waiting......Success!!! No Crying!!! I was so excited! She is so comfortable with being in her crib and she is so familiar to the routines that I was able to walk out of her room without her crying. For the next hour she was in her crib. We are unsure if she fell asleep or not. It was quiet for a long time. We dare not peek in the door b/c if she saw us...that could be it. Eventually we heard her, playing and talking to her posse that she keeps in the crib. 4:00 came and it was time to get up.

Next Post: Our first experience with 2 Birthday Parties on one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment